Friday, January 25, 2013

A Missing Piece to the Puzzle? Crawlspace by Sarah Graves


During the week I've been listening to audio books while I was scanning photos for our high school reunion memory book. I really enjoy Sarah Grave's Home Repair is Homicide series set in Eastport Maine, so I settled in to listen to this one.  It was a bit scary for me since it involves people being trapped in small dark spaces, and I'm extremely claustrophobic, but it's still well done enough and  just cozy enough that one knows it will all work out in the end, so I soldiered on.  Sarah Graves not only knows her old houses, she is also well-versed in boating, tides, and off-shores islands.

HOWEVER,.....there is one small item that doesn't make sense to me, and I had to go get a print copy to make sure I hadn't missed something while I was listening to this.  In fact, one of my on line fellow Mainers over on LibraryThing, looked it up for me and reported that yep!  There is a huge discrepancy about the rescue of one of the characters who is captured and restrained by the bad guys.  I really can't go into it without posting a HUGE spoiler and I don't want to do that, but Sarah Graves,  if you're listening,  could you post a comment on how I can ask you what happened?


Title: Crawlspace
Author: Sarah Graves
Publisher: Bantam -hardcover, 288 pages, 2009: Audio - Audio Go
Genre: Cozy mystery, amateur sleuth
Subject: psychotic killlers
Setting: Eastport Maine
Series: Home Repair is Homicide Mysteries
Source: Public library download
Why did I read this book now?  I am a fan of this series and was in the mood for a cozy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.