Monday, September 13, 2010

Mailbox Monday

It's Mailbox Monday, a fun weekly meme begun by Marcia at The Printed Page. This month it's being hosted by Kathy at Bermudaonion's Weblog.   Just as the post office or mailbox is a place to gather to share the news, this gives readers  a chance to share the books that came into their house last week.  Actually, these three are books that arrived sometime during my recent vacation.  I had very carefully NOT ordered, entered, or asked for any books for about 2-3 weeks before that since I knew we'd be gone.  It was nice however, to come home and find these treasures.:


Blind Man's Alley by Justin Peacock

This one came from Doubleday/Random House as a review copy in connection with the giveaway we're hosting.  Be sure to enter to win this exciting adventure.  It's one of my favorite genres: the good mystery with some legal maneuvering.  I can't wait to dive in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stork Raving Mad by Donna Andrews

 I've got a stack of Donna Andrews books here waiting to be read.  I've heard so many great comments from lots of folks I trust.  This latest one came as a win from Lesa at Lesa's Book Critiques.  If you haven't visited her blog, it's really work a look.  She runs great, easy to enter contests over there all the time.  Thanks Lesa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Confirmation by Ralph Reed

This one is from the Early Reviewers program at LibraryThing.com.  I don't think I realized who the author was when I 'requested' this one.  Based on some reviews already published on LT, and my own political leanings, I may have some difficulty with this one.  But I will give it a try.

From Ralph Reed's home page:
About the Book
Newly elected U.S. president Bob Long is weighing reports of nuclear weapons in Iran when he learns Justice Peter Corbin Franklin, 86-year-old liberal conscience of the Supreme Court, has suffered a massive stroke. With pressing same-sex marriage and abortion laws as well as a huge antitrust case on the court’s docket, the door is open for Long to appoint a conservative replacement, repaying the twenty-one million evangelicals who voted for him.
But it won’t be that easy. Long faces a series of political missteps while his court nominee, Marco Diaz, suffers vicious character accusations in the media for his religious beliefs and rumors of a tragic past.
Meanwhile, terrorists in Iran have hijacked more nuclear materials and are threatening to bomb a major city if the U.S. or Israel attacks. Chaos reigns in the nation’s capitol . . .

3 comments:

  1. Love your mailbox especially Blind Man's Alley and Donna Andrew's cozy. Her books are fun. Great books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the sake of my blood pressure, I'll not be reading Confirmination. There's only so much I can take! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.