Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday - June 23rd

This past week I spent a couple hours catching up on threads on LT-particularly on the 75 book challenge. Many of us are finishing up the first 75 books and heading for a second helping at the book buffet. I found so many great books to add to my wishlist that I can't possibly list them all here, but here are the highlights:

White Nights by Anne Cleeves - I keep seeing her pop up and must get one of hers at least to look at.

The Information Officer by Mark Mills

The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami - short stories by a noted Japanses author. I enjoy shorts, and have been looking for a new author. This punches both tickets.

Amandine by Marlena DeBlasi. Many readers are posting reviews for the Early Review program for this one. I've tried reading DeBlasi's travel memoirs, but wasn't impressed. This one however is billed as 'historical fiction' about the French Resistance in WWII. I think it's at least worth checking out.

Original Sins: A novel of Slavery and Freedom by Peg Kingman.

I know I probably won't get to any of these in the next week, but it sure helps to jog my memory by building a list of great recommendations from all my reading friends.  What others would you recommend and why?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.