Friday, April 2, 2010

March wrap up

In mid-March I started a wrap up of books read since February 1st. It was also intended as a progress report for my many challenges. That one bombed out at a certain point, so I'm finishing it up here - without as many graphics as before. I'm going to do just a listing of books read in March, and then a separate post for challenge progress.

Here's what I read for March. The links take you to my review post.

Children's Books:
Bailey's Day by Robert Haggerty
Share from the Heart by Marilyn Randall

Audios:
Ghost at Work by Carolyn Hart
Wolf Hall (review will be posted the week of April 4th)
Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler
Cruelest Month by Louise Penny
Morning Show Murders by Al Roker
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

Print:
Poacher's Son by Paul Doiron
Eastern Stars by Mark Kurlansky
Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
be sure to read the follow-up post for More on Henrietta
Plainsong by Kent Haruf
Be the Noodle by Lois Kelly
Burning Cold by H. Paul Jeffers
Blood of the Wicked Leighton Gage
Shot to Death Steven D. Rogers
Lake Magic Kimberly Fisk

Lenten reads:

All of my comments and reviews are on one post Lenten Reading Wrap up

The Women Around Jesus by Elisabeth Moltmann-Wendel
Rome has Spoken by Maureen Fiedler and Linda Rabben, eds.
The Woman who Named God by Charlotte Gordon
Jesus (The Son Of Man: His Words And His Deeds As Told And Recorded By Those Who Knew Him) by Kahlil Gibran
Seven Storey Mountain

If I were forced to pick a best of these it would be a tie between Wolf Hall and Plainsong for fiction, and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks for non-fiction. As I post this, I haven't yet finished my review for Wolf Hall, but I will come back and link it when I'm done.  It's such a great book, it deserves a few concentrated moments for a decent review, and that's not happening for the next few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.