Thursday, February 11, 2010

Challenge Complete! Thrillers and Suspense

I knew this was going to be a no-brainer for me.  I love mysteries.  Although in the past, I've read mostly what would be termed as cozies, I've been branching out into other genres of mysteries.  So when Book Chic City proposed this challenge, I knew I had to join.  The challenge was to read 12 books during 2010.  I was really going to try for 12 each month, but decided to allow myself to branch out into other books besides mysteries.  I finished my 13th last night .They could be broken down as follows:

Authors: 8 women/ 5 men
Amateur detectives : 4 1/2 (Spencer-Fleming has a team of cop and amateur)
Police procedurals:  7
Private Detectives: 1
Forensic detectives: 1
Series: 12 of the 13  were parts of a series- and let's hope Ron Goodreau makes a series out of Max Siegel.
New Series to me: 5
Library books: 9, ARCs or contest wins : 2, from my TBR shelves 2

And...........my favorite......................drum roll please.......... comes down to a tie between

The Khan Dilemma and A Fatal Grace (although there isn't a bad one in the bunch)

Here's the list.
1. Death Goes on Retreat by Sr. Carol Anne O'Marie
2. A Fountain Filled with Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming
3. Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke 
4. True Blue by David Baldacci 
5. The Body in the Cast by Katherine Hall Page
6. The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
7. China Lake by Meg Gardiner
8. Death of a Valentine by M.C.Beaton
9. A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
10.The Khan Dilemma by Ron Goodreau
11. 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs
12. Execution Dock by Anne Perry
13.The Monkey's Raincoat by Robert Crais

 Even tho I've techically completed the challenge, I'm never going to give up reading mysteries.  In fact, I'm going to try to see how many of the different genres of mysteries I can read before the year is out.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Congrats on completing this challenge. I've read 2 so far for this challenge, but I have a bunch lined up for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the challenge!! Woo hoo!!

    You did this really quickly... maybe I should add a tougher level for the hardcore thriller fans...hmm

    Glad you enjoyed the challenge. Hope to see you next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.