Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Review: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

It's that time of year when I get ready for the annual granddaughter summer visit. Now that she's 8 1/2 and reading very well on her own thank you, I've been searching through the stacks at the library (and in our library) for suitable volumes for "her" shelf in the guest room. At the same time, I needed to add some titles to my "Award Winners" category on the LT 999 Challenge. This filled both requirements. Such a beautiful story, in a beautiful book full of gorgeous and gentle illustrations. I can't wait to give this to my grand-daughter. I'll have to get her one of her own because I know she won't want to part with this one to send it back to the library. The story is of a rabbit who learns to love and let himself be loved as he goes through a series of (mis)adventures, disasters, different names (and genders) and belonging to various people. It is a story absolutely bound to steal children's and adult's hearts. It can be read aloud to younger children, and then cherished by older ones. No wonder it won so many awards! It is a timeless chldren's classic that would be a welcome addition to any bookshelf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.