Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Review: Summer in Tuscany

I've been in a sort of reading funk and needed something light and fun to get me back on track. This certainly fit the bill. Good romance with great food, just enough sex, wonderfully fun characters, and a feel good story. The story begins in New York, where "Nona" Gericho receives a letter telling her she has an inheritance back in her hometown in Tuscany, so she uproots her daughter Gemma--a busy ER doctor with a secret aversion to future romance, and her granddaughter- a 'show-me' 14 year old with green hair and the appropriate tatoos, to go with her to retrieve it. Enter the hunk, an American artist named Ben Rafael, his prissy teenage daughter Muffie--aching to burst out of her shell, an outrageously flamboyant Brit ex-pat (countess whatever) and a whole host of delightful characters trying to help Nona (now that's she "home" self-restyled Sophia Maria) claim her castle. It's a treat. And it made me hungry. ETA: I listened to this while I was washing windows. The narrator Celeste Lawson has a delightful Italian accent, and reads the Italian really well. An Audio delight. Sure was the most fun I had washing windows in a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great story! And definitely would be fun to listen to :) I'm going to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I shall keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuscany seems a popular place to relocate. This must be a novel. Who gives away/wills castles in Italy these days? Nice romance suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.