Sunday, March 29, 2009

Review: The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

Abandoned book: I bought this used book to participate in an online group read. I had mixed feelings about joining, but respected the others in the Highly Rated Book Group on LT. Since I did not like the Handmaid's Tale, the only other Atwood I have read, I had a negative attitude going in. I looked at the reviews and although it wasn't jumping out at me, I figured that if so many of my LT buddies were so sold on Ms. A's writing abilities, and since it won a Booker, it would be worth giving it a chance. I gave it 100 pages, then tried listening to the audio thinking maybe that would give me another interpretation. I went back about a month later and still no go. I couldn't follow the many threads of the story, I DETEST science fiction, and I have too many exciting books on the TBR shelves to spend time struggling. Maybe later, but not now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.